Throughout the academic year, Chemistry professors from all over the nation and world are invited to speak at Northwestern Chemistry in one of three seminar series: Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry.
The Department also hosts eight special lectures:
- Fred Basolo Medal for Outstanding Research in Inorganic Chemistry
- Myron L. & Muriel S. Bender Distinguished Lectures in Organic Chemistry
- Malcolm Dole Distinguished Summer Lectures in Physical Chemistry
- L. Carroll King Memorial Lectures
- Charles D. Hurd Lectures
- James A. Ibers Summer Lectures in Inorganic Chemistry
- ACS Award in Inorganic Chemistry
- Mark A. Ratner Series of Scholars
See the Department Calendar for information on upcoming seminars and lectures.