Orientation for entering graduate students lasts approximately three weeks and includes lab safety and TA training, workshops hosted by student organizations, faculty research presentations, and registration advising. Orientation begins the Wednesday following Labor Day and commences with the beginning of fall quarter classes. Each day's activities will last from approximately 9am until 5pm, Monday through Friday.
2020 Orientation Dates to be announced
Checklist to Complete BEFORE Orientation
- Activate your Northwestern email account.
- Mail your official transcripts to The Graduate School Admission Office (not the Chemistry Department).
- Submit health record information.
- Complete the following forms and bring them with you to the first day of orientation:
- Follow these steps to begin your I-9 paperwork:
- Create a profile through E-Verify. Select September 1, 2020 as your start date, WCAS as your school/area, and 2735 WCAS Chemistry as your department/center.
- Follow the steps in the training guide to complete section 1. Be sure to email yourself a receipt.
- We will complete section 2 during orientation. Please make sure you bring acceptable documentation with you on the first day of orientation.
- Subscribe to the Chemistry Listserv.
- Please check The Graduate School's Next Steps for Newly Admitted Doctoral Students for additional requirements.